CASINO IN MACAU CITY
This casino game "Gambling in Macau" has been legal since the 1850's when the Portuguese government legalized the activity in the colony. Since then, Macau has become known worldwide as the "Monte Carlo of the Orient", and gambling has become a significant part of the city's economy. Until Western-style casino games were introduced in the 20th century, only Chinese games were played, the most popular being fantan. Now, with all the casinos built in the territory including a few number of new ones opening up soon, Macau is also known as the Asian Las Vegas.
Gambling in Macau plays an important role in the economy of the city. Many Hong Kong and mainland tourists like gambling there. Few local people in Macau visit casinos, though. Generally, gambling in Macau can be divided into three different categories: casino games (eg: VIP High Roller Casino, Roulette Casino), horse racing and greyhound racing. There is also sports betting and a number of lotteries. At the present time, Macau does not license online gaming operations.
Macau has twenty-eight casinos, of which the biggest is the The Venetian Macau. They all operate under a government franchise and under a common set of rules.
Many forms of casino gambling are legal there, such as blackjack, baccarat, roulette, boule, Sic bo, Fan-Tan, keno and slot machines. The most popular game by far is baccarat with VIP high-roller baccarat generating more than 70% of total gaming revenue in 2004. Poker was introduced only in August 2007, in an electronic table format at Galaxy Starworld casino.
Gambling has been legal in Macau for a long time beginning in 1851 where there was a licensing system for gambling houses until 1863. Beginning in 1934, casinos' ownership and operation was centralized where through private negotiations, some franchises monopolized the operation right of all casinos.
HIGH ROLLER CASINO IN MACAU
In this casino the gambler who wagers large amounts of money. Because of potential windfall these high sums can bring to the casinos, high rollers often receive increasingly lavish perks from casinos to lure them onto their gambling floors, such as free private jet transfers, limousine use and be allowed to stay in the casinos best suites.
These players often have tables with very high table limits that can shut out almost all other players, allowing the whale exclusive use of a table.
High rollers are said to provide only a small fraction of casino where the gamblers from the lower and lower-middle classes in the United States that provide much of the gambling money. The wealthly 'high roller' does indeed exist, but he is the exception, not the standard. The fact that more than 50% of Nevada's gambling income comes from the slot machines as opposed to the card tables should be an indication high rollers are not the main source of revenue.
The table limit is the minimum and maximum bet that a gambler can make at a gaming table. It is a form of yield management in that the limits can be changed to optimize the profit from a gaming table. Gaming tables have a limited resource to sell, the seats used by the players.
Table limits can also be used to manage, in a limited manner, who plays at tables. A casino that wants to project a more exclusive image can set the limits higher so that the casual tourist walking through would not be as likely to sit down and play.
Normally the limits are set to optimize the return from the seats. Since all table games give the house an advantage, the larger the bets, the larger the house's profit. So the house needs to manage the minimum bets to keep the seats full. This usually results in a low limit early in the day when there are fewer players with the limits increasing as more players become available.
Players who are seated when the limit is changed are usually grandfathered in at the old limit.
Slot machine, fruit machine or poker machine is a type of casino game. Traditional slot machines are coin-operated machines with three or more reels, which spin when a lever on the side of the machine is pulled. The machines include a currency detector that validates the coin or money inserted to play. The machine pays off based on patterns of symbols visible on the front of the machine when it stops. Modern computer technology has resulted in many variations on the slot machine concept. Slot machines are the most popular gambling method in casinos and constitute about 70 percent of the average casino's income.
ONLINE CASINO TIPS
Gambling do: What you should do when playing at an online casino...
- Before you start play set your budget limit and stick to it. Set also your profit target amount and make it reasonable.
- Watch how your bet is placed by dealers, they do make mistakes.
- Leave while ahead. The feeling is great and you are likely to win again next time.
- If you lose your set limit and cannot bear to watch others gamble, leave.
- Never borrow money to gamble and don't lend either. Lending money to a friend who is losing badly is a sure way of losing him - and probably the lent money too.
- Always keep a low profile, whether you are winning or losing.
- Do your homework before you gamble online, not after. Read the rules, check the terms on bonuses and cashing out, in particular.
- Check the customer service response before you sign up with an online casino. Make a phone call or send them an email with a question and see how long it takes them to reply.
- Check if the online casino is a member of a known association. This won't be a guarantee, but it surely reduces the risk of being let down.
- Be suspicious of anything that sounds to good too be true. It probably is.
- Learn money management, it is more important than the game itself.
- If you suspect you have a gambling problem, contact.
Gambling don't: What not to do
- Don't be afraid to bet. If you are not up to it, don't gamble.
- Don’t try to impress people by betting more than you can afford.
- Don't drink and gamble.
- Don't gamble if you feel tired.
- Don't increase your bets to try to recover losses.
- Don't take your check book, ATM card, credit or debit card to the casino.
- Don't be greedy; if you lose what you have just won, you are.
- Don't gamble more than your set limit.
- Don't stay beyond what you have set out to do.
- Never quit after a win.
- When you win a lot, don't think it's easy. It may feel that way but it never is.
Don't bet more than you can afford especially on a new game or a game that you don't know all the rules of.